On Friday 17th April 2015 year 10 students from Mariam Albatool participated in the Careers and Education fair. The fair was organised by Global college Malta, near Smart City Malta. The event was sponsored by Global College Education Malta.
During the event the students participated in a tailor made seminar in which a speaker specializing in career opportunities was provided in order to detail to students the various opportunities which exist into the various sectors of education.
The seminar was addressed by the the Hon Minister Jose’ Herrera, Parliament Secretary for Competitiveness and Economic Growth.
Later, the students had the opportunity to visit the stands, set up for the purpose of the fair and also to be interviewed by crew television personnel.
The school administration would like to thank Ms Ruth Gatt for her coordination on behalf of Global College Malta.
Particular thanks go to Mr Kenneth Busuttil, Head of School for supporting the activity, Mr Brian Vassallo (Asst Hd of School) for coordination the activity in the nick of time, and Ms Debbie Atanasio (SMT) for supporting the logistics of the activity and taking the pictures below.
A big well done to all.
Dear Staff and Parents,
Here is a set of Staff Group photos taken during Parents’ Day 2015.
Thank you for you continuous support.
On Wednesday 11th March 2015, students from our school born in 1999, successfully participated in the Program for International Students Assessment (PISA).
This assessment is undertaken concurrently by 72 different countries across Europe and other continents.
Mr Kenneth Busuttil (Head of School) presented the certificates and congratulated the students for their successful participation.
Below are photos commemorating the event.
On Thursday 5th February 2015 Drs Carmen Sammut and Arsalan Elshinawi, from the Department of International Studies of the University of Malta gave an interesting presentation with the title Studying International Relations in Malta. The seminar was targeted for Year 9, Year 10 and Year 11 students. The students had the opportunity to put forward any queries. These were then answered professionally by the speakers.
The school administration would like to thank Dr Carmen Sammut and Dr Arsalan Elshinawi for their excellent presentation.
Attached are photos and videos commemorating the occasion.
On behalf of the staff at Mariam Al Batool School, I am pleased to welcome you to the 2014-15 school year. It is with great satisfaction that I write to you as the newly appointed Head of School who will be working along with Mr Brian Vassallo as Assistant Head and Ms Debbie Atanasio as Senior Management Team Member. I would also like to thank the former Head of School, Ms Maria Camilleri, for her sterling work along the years.
As a school, we firmly believe that in order to realise your child’s full potential, academic success alone is not enough. Therefore, we aim to achieve high quality education that also emphasises character formation through which our students can become responsible citizens. We look forward to having a strong working relationship with you as partners who can make a difference in your child’s education. We ask that you support your child’s education by ensuring that he/she:
- attends school daily and arrives on time,
- wears the school uniform and is always neat and clean,
- completes all classwork and homework tasks given by teachers,
- reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy and creativity skills,
- shows respect towards teaching staff and classmates and behaves well,
- shares daily school experiences with you so that you are aware of your child’s school life.
A set of school policies and regulations has been developed in line with our educational vision. These will be handed to you shortly. I believe that a well-functioning school has at its basis a sense of order and discipline and therefore I expect that everyone observes these rules for the wellbeing of your child and other students. In addition, our door is always open and we welcome your involvement. As Head of School, I will be available daily between 9.00 and 10.00 without the need for an appointment. Kindly contact the school secretaries for an appointment outside this time, and if you wish to speak with any member of the teaching staff.
At Mariam Al Batool we follow the syllabi as stipulated by the Maltese education authorities. However, we also do our utmost to provide differentiated teaching to meet the needs of each student to the best of our ability. As Head of School I am completely satisfied with the staff who will be providing good quality education to your child.
Along with my staff, I will work hard to provide an exciting and enriching opportunity for all our students. Our motto ‘to learn and grow’ creates an opening that invites our students to develop into active participants in tomorrow’s society. Therefore, I warmly invite you to join us in our cause to make a genuine difference in the lives of our students, and through them, on the future of our society. I thank you for your support and wish you and your children a successful school experience.
Mr Kenneth Busuttil
Head of School
Part Time Accounts / Business Studies teacher
Interested candidates should be Maltese or residents in Malta with a working permit and preference will be given to candidates who possess a degree in Education. The employment is for a temporary period between March and June, 2014.
Candidates have to sit for an interview and are to produce the original documents.
Interested persons are invited to send their CV by email to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: The Head of School, Mariam Al Batool School, Islamic Centre, Corradino Hill, Paola.
Closing date: Wednesday, 26th February, 2014.
On 18th December 2013 Mr Mustafa Abdul Jalil, Former Chairman of the National Transition Council (NTC) of Libya visited the Mosque and Mariam Albatool School. Attatched beneath are the photos of the visit.
On Friday 8th November 2013, a group of 20 academics from the Faculties of Education of Malta, Lebanon and Egypt visited Mariam Albatool School. These academics are working on a project called ‘Tempus’ whose main objective is to discuss and evaluate various modalities of teaching practices. This theme was discussed extensively with the school authorities and opportunities to enhance further cooperation were also envisaged.
Mariam Albatool School is inviting applications for the post of Learning Support Assistant. Applicants must be in possession of:
- a Diploma in Inclusive Education, or
- Certificate in Education (Learning Support Facilitators), or
- a Certificate in Supporting Learning in Inclusive Settings, or
- a Certificate in Education for Learning Support Assistants, or
- a Pre-School Education Certificate, or
- MCAST/BTEC National Diploma in Early Years, or
- MCAST/BTEC National Diploma in Child’s Care Learning and Development, or
- a First Degree or higher.
Applicants who are in their final year for the Diploma in Inclusive Education may also apply. Applicants are to send their c.v. together with photocopies of qualifications to: The Head, Mariam Albatool School, Corradino Hill, Paola. Applications are to reach the school by not later than Monday 5th August 2013.
- The registration for all students in different school stages for the scholastic year 2014 – 2015 is open from 01/01/2014 until 15/08/2014.
- The registration takes place at the secretariat of the school by the full payment of the first term fees.
- The fees are as follows:
- 1200 Euro for Kindergarten (400 Euro per term)
- 1500 Euro for Primary (500 Euro per term)
- 1700 Euro for Secondary (570 Euro per term)
- A registration fee of 200 Euro is required for the new students.
- Parents who have two (2) or three (3) children will enjoy a 10% discount.
- Parents who have more than three (3) children will pay the fees for the first three (3) children while the others are exempted.
- Parents who pay the full year fees in advance will enjoy a 50 Euro discount for every student.
- No student will be permitted to attend the school without the payment of the fees.
- The acceptance of the registration will be according to first come first served basis by payment of the fees before 15/08/2013 because the places are limited.
The School Administration